Monday, January 21, 2013

Exfoliating Face Scrub!

After learning about homemade face creams, now I needed a cleanser/scrub. My friend that told me about Organic Body Care Recipes makes her own face wash by mixing a dab of almond meal with a little organic powdered milk. Well, I've been making my own yogurt for a few years now, and it's milk - right?

So every morning I take the smallest vessel I have - a shot glass, and add a pinch of almond meal and a dab of yogurt and voila! Exfoliating face scrub! It's free and I always have the ingredients on hand. I make the almond meal as part of my homemade granola process. I grind almonds in the food processor for the granola but leave a 1/4 cup or so in the processor to grind a little longer.

I have to say, it works quite well. Yogurt is a mild, bleaching exfoliant and the lactic acid dissolves dead skin cells. My face feels soft and not at all dried out. Almond meal is high in skin-pampering emollients and exfoliates dry skin too. Here's my morning routine, yogurt/almond meal on left and my version of Rich and Royal Regeneration Flower Cream (from Organic Body Care). It contains macadamia nut oil, rose hip seed oil, beeswax, rose hydrosol, vitamin E capsule, and I use frankincense, lavender, geranium and ylang ylang essential oils. An essential oil spreadsheet coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment